Top Executives and Strategic Decision Making
Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
Teamwork and Team Effectiveness
Dr. Ann Mooney Murphy is an Associate Professor in the School of Business.She served as Associate Dean 2010-19, and in that capacity oversaw the undergraduate programs and served on the leadership team of the School. She helped transform the School from a School of Technology Management to an AACSB-accredited School of Business, and along with that, led the launch of 6 new undergraduate majors and 7 new minors.
Ann received her Ph.D. in Strategic Management and M.B.A. from The University of Georgia, and her B.S. in Accounting from Villanova University. Her research centers on strategic leadership and corporate governance, and her work has appeared in journals such as The Academy of Management Review. Ann teaches courses in strategy, management, and consulting. She has served as a full-time consultant with pwc and Arthur Anderson, as well as a part-time consultant helping top management teams and boards with strategic planning efforts. Last but not least, she is mom to Caroline (14), Owen (11) and wife to Tim.
- Search Committee for Strategy Professor (Chair) Member
- SSB Community of Practice Workshops Chair
- Board of Trustees Committee for Alumni & Development Member
- Deans Advisory Committee (larger group that meetings about 2x semester) Member
- Nominating Committee Member
- Promotion & Tenure Committee Member
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee for SoB Chair
- Editorial Board, Corporate Governance: An International Review Editorial Board Member
- Strategic Planning Consultant Strategic Planning Consultant
- Academy of Management Member
- Strategic Management Society Member
- Lepore, D. F.; Gavito, V.; Verma, D.; Pennotti, M.; Robinson, B.; Giffin III, R.; Murphy, A.; Guth, B.; Dominick, P.; Larson, W.; Aaronson, Z.; Hutchinson, N. (2011). Developing the next generation of space technical leaders. 62nd International Astronautical Congress 2011, IAC 2011 (vol. 10, pp. 8538-8548).