- MS (1995) University of Stuttgart (Aerospace Engineering)
The role of architectures and architectural information in product and system developmentExperiential learning of SE principles through games and simulation
Eirik Hole came to Stevens from HOOD Consulting in Munich, Germany where he was implementing Systems Engineering and Requirement Management methodology and tools, mainly in the automotive industry. Before that he was a Systems Engineer in the aerospace and defense industry as well as a pre-sales consultant in the introduction and application of Systems Engineering tools. Professor Hole received an MSc Aerospace Engineering from the University of Stuttgart, Germany.
2002-2003 HOOD GmbH, Munich, Germany, Senior Consultant - Requirements Management and Engineering
2000-2002 SDRC/UGS/Siemens PLM Solutions, Munich, Germany, Pre/Post Sales Consultant – Systems Engineering Tools and Methodologies
1999-2000 DaimlerChrylser Aerospace MTU, Munich, Germany, Systems Engineer – Engine Monitoring and Diagnostics
1996-1999 Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace, Kongsberg, Norway, Systems Engineer – Anti-Ship Missile Systems
- EM & ISE Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Member
- SSE Graduate Academic Awards Committee Member
- ESE Division Faculty Committee Member
- FOOD-X an SSOV incubator Mentor/coach
2009-2018 Lutron Electronics Co., Inc, Consulting Support to implement a Systems Engineering and Architecture Culture at Lutron
- INCOSE – International Council on Systems Engineering Member
- Ardis, M.; Carmen, C. L.; DeLorme, M.; Hole, E. (2014). Using a Marketplace to Form Multidisciplinary Systems Engineering Capstone Project Teams, . Proceedings of the 121st ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition 2014. ASEE 2014.
- Brady, J.; Hole, E. (2014). Integrating Design Thinking Strategies into the Front End of the Traditional Systems Engineering Approach. CESUN 2014 Conference.
- Hole, E. (2005). Architecture as a framework for effective and efficient product development in a dynamic business environment. Hoboken, NJ: Conference on Systems Engineering Research, 2005.
- Hole, E. (2009). The Concept of Reference Architectures. Systems Engineering (1 ed., vol. 13, pp. 14-27). Hoboken NJ: Wiely.
- Hole, E.; Verma, D.; Jain, R.; Vitale, V.; Popick, P. (2005). Development of the ibm.com interactive solution marketplace (ISM): A systems engineering case study. Systems Engineering (1 ed., vol. 8, pp. 78-92). Hoboken NJ: Wiley Periodicals, Inc..
- Blackburn, M.; Verma, D.; Dillon-Merrill, R.; Blake, R.; Bone, M.; Chell, B.; Dove, R.; Dzielski, J.; Grogan, P.; Hoffenson, S.; Hole, E.; Jones, R.; Kruse, B.; Pochiraju, K.; Snyder, C.; Cloutier, R.; Grosse, I.; Hagedorn, T. (2018). Transforming Systems Engineering through Model-Centric Engineering (SERC-2017-TR-111 ed.). SERC.
Master Level (on Campus and/or Corporate):
SYS 625 Fundamentals of Systems Engineering
SYS 650 Systems Architecture and Design
SYS 671 Conception of Cyber-Physical Systems
SYS 674 Sustainment of Cyber-Physical Systems
EM 385 Innovative System Design
EM/ISE 423 Senior Design I
EM/ISE 424 Senior Design II
EM 585 Introduction to Systems Architecture & Design