- PhD (2013) University of Cambridge (Computer Science)
- MS (2008) Brown University (Computer Science)
- BS (2001) The College of William and Mary (Computer Science and Physics)
My research yields techniques that improve the way programmers develop reliable and efficient concurrent software for multi-core and distributed systems. To this end, I have made advances along a spectrum of fields, ranging from systems/concurrency methodologies to foundational results in formal methods.
I am an Assistant Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology. Previously, I was a Lecturer/Researcher at Yale University and a Visiting Professor at New York University. I received a Ph.D in Computer Science from the University of Cambridge. I also spent time at IBM Watson, Microsoft, and from 2002-2005, I was a Software Engineer at Amazon.com.
- Junior Faculty Board of Representatives - 21/22 Member
- Research & Entrepreneurship Committee Chair
- Intellectual Property Advisory Committee Member
- Search Committee for the position of Chair of the Computer Science Department Member
- Junior Faculty Board of Representatives Member
- Search Committee for the position of Vice Provost for Research and Innovation Member
- Faculty Panel for the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO Search Member
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Gateway Academic Center Member
- Curriculum Reorganization Committee Member
- Faculty Hiring Committee Member
- National Science Foundation Reviewer
- OOPSLA 2021 Program Committee External Review Committee
- POPL 2020 Program Committe Program Committee Member
- OOPSLA 2019 Program Committee Program Committee Member
- Logic and Mentoring Workshop at LICS 2019 Co-organizer of the Logic and Mentoring Workshop at LICS 2019
- PLDI 2019 External Review Committee External Review Committee Member
- Review Panel at the National Science Foundation NSF Panel Member
Provost's Early Career Award for Research Excellence
- ACM/SIGPLAN Member
- ACM Member
- ACM Member
- SIGPLAN Member
- Pang, C.; Yu, R.; Xu, D.; Koskinen, E.; Portokalidis, G.; Xu, J. (2021). Towards Optimal Use of Exception Handling Information for Function Detection. Proceedings of the IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN).
- Koskinen, E.; Bansal, K. (2021). Decomposing Data Structure Commutativity Proofs with mn-Differencing. Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation (VMCAI 2021). Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation (VMCAI 2021).
- Dickerson, T.; Herlihy, M.; Koskinen, E.; Gazzillo, P. (2019). Conflict Abstractions and Shadow Speculation for Optimistic Transactional Objects. Proceedings of the 17th Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems (APLAS). APLAS 2019.
- Antonopoulos, T.; Le, T.; Koskinen, E. (2019). Specification and Inference of Trace Refinement Relations. Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages, Volume 2 (OOPSLA). OOPSLA 2019.
- Unno, H.; Terauchi, T.; Koskinen, E.. Constraint-based Relational Verification. International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV 2021). International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV 2021).
- Le, T.; Antonopoulos, T.; Fathololumi, P.; Koskinen, E.; Nguyen, T. (2020). DynamiTe: Dynamic Termination and Non-Termination Proofs. Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages (OOPSLA). New York, NY: ACM.
- Dickerson, T.; Gazzillo, P.; Herlihy, M.; Koskinen, E. (2019). Adding concurrency to smart contracts. Distributed Computing.
- Bansal, K.; Koskinen, E.; Tripp, O.. Synthesizing Precise and Useful Commutativity Conditions. Journal of Automated Reasoning. Springer.