- PhD (2008) Georgia Institute of Technology (Bioengineering)
- BS (2003) Drexel University (Biomedical Engineering)
- MS (2003) Drexel University (Biomedical Engineering)
Deep Brain Stimulation
Assistant Professor (09/15-present), Biomedical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
Research Scientist (07/13-08/15), Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University
Postdoctoral Fellow (01/09-06/13), Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University
- BME Graduate Curriculum Committee Member
- BME PhD Program Committee Member
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Member
- Academic Appeals Committee Member
- Academic Operations and Affairs Committee Member
- BME TT Faculty Search Committee Member
- BME Faculty Search Committee Member
- Frontiers in Neuroscience Topic Editor
Fundamental & Translational Neuroscience Postdoctoral Fellow (NIH Training Grant Award), 2010
Full scholarship and travel award to present at the Parkinson’s Action Network (PAN) Forum in Washington, DC, 2015
NARSAD Young Investigator Award, 2015
Selected to Drexel Magazine’s “40 under 40” Class of 2019
- SfN – Society for Neuroscience Member
- BMES – Biomedical Engineering Society Member
Branfman Family Foundation Award, 2016-
McConnell GC, Li H. “A technique to improve deep brain stimulation targeting during intraoperative microelectrode recordings”. U.S. Pat. Ser. No. 17/000,198, filed August 21, 2020.
- Li, H.; McConnell, G.; Vinjamuri, R. (2020). Deep brain stimulation for gait and postural disturbances in Parkinson's disease. Advances in Motor Neuroprostheses (pp. 101-122). New York, NY: Springer.
- Li, H.; McConnell, G. (2019). Proceedings #8: Microstimulation evoked neuronal activity in the substantia nigra pars reticulata in anesthetized rats. Brain stimulation (2 ed., vol. 12, pp. e66-e68).
- DeAngelo, V.; Hilliard, J. D.; McConnell, G. C. (2021). Dopaminergic but not cholinergic neurodegeneration is correlated with gait disturbances in PINK1 knockout rats. Behavioural Brain Research.
- Santaniello, S.; McConnell, G. C.; Gale, J. T.; Faghih, R. T.; Kemere, C.; Hilliard, J. D.; Han, M. (2021). Editorial: Towards the Next Generation of Deep Brain Stimulation Therapies: Technological Advancements, Computational Methods, and New Targets. Frontiers in Neuroscience (737737 ed., vol. 15).
- Li, H.; McConnell, G. C. (2020). Intraoperative microelectrode recordings in substantia nigra pars reticulata in anesthetized rats. Frontiers in Neuroscience (367 ed., vol. 14).
- DeAngelo, V. M.; Hilliard, J. D.; McConnell, G. C. (2021). Dopaminergic but not cholinergic neurodegeneration is correlated with gait disturbances in PINK1 knockout rats. bioRxiv.
2020F BME 482: Engineering Physiology
2021S BME 445: Biosystems, Simulation and Control
2021S BME 503: Engineering Physiology II
2020F BME 558: Intro to Brain Machine Interfaces