His research interests include: Empirical modeling of marketing strategy, issues Sales force management, Online user generated content, Competition’s role in online content.
Google Scholar Page
Refereed Journal Articles
Kyriakou, Charalampos, Gaurav Sabnis, and Jeffrey V. Nickerson (2017), "Knowledge Reuse for Customization in Open Design Communities", MIS Quarterly, 41(1), pp. 315-332.
Lappas, Theodoros, Gaurav Sabnis, and George Valkanas (2016), "The Impact of Fake Reviews on Online Visibility: A Vulnerability Assessment of the Hotel Industry", Information Systems Research, 27(4), pp. 940-961.(Runner-up, Best ISR Paper 2016)
Sabnis, Gaurav, and Rajdeep Grewal (2015), "Cable News Wars on the Internet: Competition and User-Generated Content", Information Systems Research, 26(2), pp. 301-319.
Sabnis, Gaurav, Sharmila C. Chatterjee, Rajdeep Grewal, and Gary Lilien (2013), “The Sales Lead Black Hole: On Sales Follow-Up of Marketing Leads,” Journal of Marketing, 77(1), pp. 52-67.
Sabnis, Gaurav, and Rajdeep Grewal (2012), “Competition and its Implications for Marketing Strategy”, in Marketing Strategy Handbook, Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar Publishing, Inc., Venkatesh Shankar and Gregory S. Carpenter (ed.) 2012, pp. 58-77.
Industry ExperienceChannel Manager, IBM from 2004 to 2006
- Promotion & Tenure Committee Member
- BSB Curriculum Committee Member
- PhD Program Committee Member
- Undergraduate Faculty Ambassador Member
- Academic Promotions Committee Member
- Graduate Curriculum Committee Member
- AACSB AACSB MACUDE Marketing Task Force Member
- Journal of Marketing Research Editorial Review Board Member
- AMA – American Marketing Association Member
- INFORMS Member
- Institute for the Study of Business Markets Member
- Sabnis, G.; Lappas, T.; Han, Y. (2020). The Importance of Interactions between Content Characteristics and Creator Characteristics for Studying Virality in Social Media. Information Systems Research (2 ed., vol. 31).
- Sabnis, G.; Lappas, T.; Han, Y.. The Importance of Interactions between Content Characteristics and Creator Characteristics for Studying Virality in Social Media. Information Systems Research.