- PhD (2014) New York University (Accounting)
- BBA (2009) Renmin University of China (Accounting)
Assistant Professor of Accounting, School of Business, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2019 - present
Assistant Professor of Accounting, School of Management, University at Buffalo, SUNY, 2014 - 2019
- Scholarship Selection committee for the Stevens CFA Student Scholarships Member
- Institute Undergraduate Studies Committee Member
- SSB Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Member
- SSB Ethics Committee Member
- Faculty Search Committee, Marketing TT Member
- Faculty Search Committee, Accounting NTT Member
- Faculty Search Committee, Accounting TT Member
- The International Journal of Accounting Editorial board
Vice Provost’s Recognition of Teaching Excellence, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2020
FARS Excellence in Reviewing Award, American Accounting Association, 2018
Marcus Nadler Fellowship, NYU Stern School of Business, 2013 - 2014
AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2013
Doctoral Fellowship, NYU Stern School of Business, 2009 - 2013
Letter of Commendation for Teaching Excellence, NYU Stern School of Business, 2012
National Scholarship, Renmin University of China, 2008
- CFA Institute Member
- CFA Society New York Member
- AAA – American Accounting Association Member
- Chen, J.; Dou, Y.; Zou, Y. (2021). Information Externalities of SFAS 161: Evidence from Supply Chains (4 ed., vol. 96, pp. 179-202). The Accounting Review.
- Bozanic, Z.; Chen, J.; Jung, M. (2019). Analyst Contrarianism (2 ed., vol. 4, pp. 61-88). Journal of Financial Reporting.
- Chen, J.; Demers, E.; Lev, B. (2018). Oh What a Beautiful Morning! Diurnal Influences on Executives and Analysts: Evidence from Conference Calls (12 ed., vol. 64, pp. 5899-5924). Management Science.
- Chen, J.; Jung, M. J.; Ronen, J. (2017). The Confirmation Effect of Analyst Recommendation Reiterations (4 ed., vol. 32, pp. 576-592). Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance.
- Chen, J.; Jung, M. (2015). Activist Hedge Funds and Firm Disclosure (vol. 29, pp. 52-63). Review of Financial Economics.
- Chen, J.; Demers, E.; Lev, B. (2013). The Dangers of Late-Afternoon Earnings Calls. Harvard Business Review.
ACC 311 Intermediate Accounting I
BT 215 Managerial Accounting