Teaching Associate Professor and Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- PhD (2003) Columbia University (Economics)
- MA (1996) Columbia University (Economics)
- BA (1994) Columbia College (Economics)
Economics of Retirement, Labor Economics,
Economics of Immigration
Stevens Institute of Technology, School of Business, Hoboken, NJ
Associate Dean of Undergraduates August 2019-present
Associate Industry Professor August 2016-Present
The New School, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis, New York, NY
Research Economist July 2010- July 2016
Long Island University, Brookville, NY
Assistant Professor of Economics September 2001-August 2012
- Associate Dean of Undergraduates in SOB Chair
- Student research advising Member
- Graduate Education Continuity Planning Group Member
- Undergraduate education continuity group Member
- BSB Committee Chair
- Curriculum Committee Chair
- Mental Health Task Force Member
- Dean's lecture series Member
- Curriculum committee Member
- National Institute on Retirement Security Researcher
- AEA – American Economic Association Member
“Collectivism all around: informal networks, savings shortfalls, and financial education in the US” with Richman, K. E., The National Endowment for Financial Education, $124,332, 2018
“Determinants of Retirement Savings Accumulations: The Role of Life Events” with Ghilarducci, T., The National Endowment for Financial Education, $120,000, 2015
“Falling Through the Cracks: The Crisis of Jobs and Healthcare for Unemployed Americans Aged 55-64” with Ghilarducci, T., The UpJohn Institute, $10,000, 2012
“The Crisis of Jobs and Healthcare for Unemployed Americans Aged 55-64”, with Ghilarducci, T., the Borchard Foundation Center for Law and Aging, $20,000, 2011
- Saad-Lessler, J. (2020). How does paid family leave affect unpaid care providers?. Journal of the Economics of Ageing (vol. 17). Elsevier.
- Saad-Lessler, J.; Ghilarducci, T.; Reznik, G. L. (2018). Retirement savings inequality: Different effects of earnings shocks, Portfolio selections, and employer contributions by worker earnings level. Social Security Bulletin (3 ed., vol. 78, pp. 1-17).
- Ghilarducci, T.; Saad-Lessler, J. (2015). Explaining the decline in the offer rate of employer retirement plans between 2003 and 2012. Industrial and Labor Relations Review (4 ed., vol. 68, pp. 807-832).
- Saad-Lessler, J.; Richman, K. (2014). The impact of collectivism on savings behavior: a case study of Mexican-Americans and non-Mexican Latinos. Review of Economics of the Household (3 ed., vol. 12, pp. 493-515).
- Ghilarducci, T.; Saad-Lessler, J.; Reznik, G. (2018). Earnings volatility and 401(k) contributions. Journal of Pension Economics and Finance (4 ed., vol. 17, pp. 554-575).
- Bond, T.; Saad-Lessler, J.; Weller, C. (2020). Still Shortchanged: An Update Regarding Women’s Retirement Preparedness. Brooklyn: National Institute on Retirement Security.
- Oakley, D.; Saad-Lessler, J.; Brown, J. E. (2018). Retirement in America: Out of Reach for Working Americans?. Report published by National Institute on Retirement Security, Washington, D.C.. Washington, D.C.: National Institute on Retirement Security.