Teaching Assistant Professor
Lindsey R. Swindall joined the College of Arts and Letters in January 2015. She has a doctorate in African American Studies from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and has written several books in that field including The Politics of Paul Robeson's Othello and Paul Robeson: A Life of Activism and Art. Her book The Path to the Greater, Freer, Truer World: Southern Civil Rights and Anticolonialism, 1937-1955 came out in paperback in 2019. She teaches the First-Year Experience sequence, CAL 103 and 105, as well as courses in U.S. History.
- Committee on Committes Member
- Faculty Senate Subcommittee on Women Member
- Freshman Experience Search Committee Member
- Mindfulness Chair
- First Year Reader Program Discussion Facilitator Member
- Strategic Plan Input Focus Group Member
- HPAC - personal statements Member
- Lecturer Search Committee Member
- HPAC - Student interviews Member
- First Year Reader Selection Committee Member
- President's Task Force on Equity and Inclusive Excellence Member
- First Year Reading Program - Discussion Facilitator Member
- HPAC - Personal Statements Member
- First Year Reader Program - Book Selection Committee Member
- Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) Member
- CAL Student Awards Ad Hoc Committee Member
- First Year Reading Program - Discussion Leader Member
- Mindfulness Member
- First Year Reading Program - Book Selection Committee Member
- Freshman Experience - Subcommittee for CAL 103 Reader Member
- CAL Steering Committee for Master Plan Redesign Member
- Field Hockey Team Member
- First Year Reading Program Member
- Journal of African American History Manuscript reviewer
- New Jersey Studies Manuscript reviewer
- University Press of Florida Manuscript reviewer
- Journal of War and Culture Studies Reviewer
- Rutgers University Press Manuscript reviewwe
- New Jersey Council for the Humanities, Public Scholars Project Public Scholar
- Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association Manuscript reviewer
- University of Pittsburgh Press Manuscript reviewer
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History Member
- USS – Universities Studying Slavery Member
- Swindall, L. (2020). Review of The Untold Life of Peter Lee. N/A. New Jersey Studies (1 ed., vol. 6, pp. 238-240). Trenton, NJ: New Jersey Historical Commission.
- Swindall, L. (2019). In the Zone. Lunch Ticket Literary Journal (vol. 15). Los Angeles, CA: Antioch University.
- Swindall, L. (2021). "Four Ways to Reconsider Facilitating Discussions on Race and Social Justice" (1 ed., vol. 7, pp. 373-382). Trenton, NJ: New Jersey Studies.
- Swindall, L. (2020). "Racial Justice Then and Now: Paul Robeson's Antifascist Legacy" (Vol. 37, No. 3 ed., vol. September 2020, pp. 17-18). The Volunteer.
- Swindall, L. (2019). Sitting at Baldwin's Table. James Baldwin Review (1 ed., vol. 5, pp. 105-115). Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- Swindall, L. (2019). Reflecting on the Civil Rights Act's Anniversary with James Baldwin. The North Star. New York City.
- Swindall, L. (2019). Celebrating Paul Robeson's Legacy of Art and Activisim. The North Star. New York City.
- Swindall, L. (2019). The Path to the Greater, Freer, Truer World: Southern Civil Rights and Anticolonialism, 1937-1955 (First paperback ed.). Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida.