Lu Xiao is an Assistant Professor in the School of Systems and Enterprises at Stevens Institute of Technology. Her research interests lie in the broad area of software engineering, particularly in software architecture, software economics, cost estimation, and software ecosystems. She completed her PhD in Computer Science at Drexel University in 2016, advised by Dr. Yuanfang Cai. Her work focused on the relationship between software architecture and quality. She published her work in different conferences and journals, including ICSE, ESEM, FSE, and JSS. She received the first place prize at the ACM Student Research Competition in 2015. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in 2009.
- 150th Anniversary Academic Symposium Committee Meeting Member
- Graduate Curriculum Committee Member
- SSE Graduate Curriculum Committee Member
- Women@SSE Chair
- SSE Faculty Search Committee Member
- Working Group on Improving Student-Faculty Interaction Member
- IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering Publicity Chair
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engnieering Reviewer Board
- Journal of Systems and Software Reviewer
- Journal of Empirical Software Engnieering Reviewer
- Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology Reviewer
- Automated Software Engineering, Student Research Competition Program Committee
- Foundations of Software Engineering, Tool Demonstration Program Committee
- 2019 INFORMS Conference on Service Science Program Committee
- IEEE Member
- zhao, y.; Xiao, L.; wang, x.; chen, z.; chen, b.; liu, y. (2020). Butterfly Space: An Architectural Approach for Investigating Performance Issues (pp. 202-213). 2020 IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA).
- zhao, y.; Xiao, L.; Xiao, L.; sun, l.; chen, b.; liu, y.; bondi, A. b. (2020). How Are Performance Issues Caused and Resolved?-An Empirical Study from a Design Perspective (pp. 181-192). Hoboken: Proceedings of the ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering.
- wang, x.; Xiao, L.; huang, k.; chen, b.; zhao, y.; liu, y. (2020). DesignDiff: Continuously Modeling Software Design Difference from Code Revisions (pp. 179-190). 2020 IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA).
- Zhao, Y.; Xiao, L.; Wang, X.; Chen, B.; Liu, Y. (2019). Localized or architectural: an empirical study of performance issues dichotomy. Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Software Engineering: Companion Proceedings (pp. 316--317).
- Zhou, D.; Wu, Y.; Xiao, L.; Cai, Y.; Peng, X.; Fan, J.; Huang, L.; Chen, H. (2019). Understanding evolutionary coupling by fine-grained co-change relationship analysis. Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Program Comprehension (pp. 271--282).
- Wang, X.; Xiao, L.; Yang, Y.; Xu, X.; Jiang, Y. (2018). Poster: Identifying TraIn: A neglected form of socio-Technical incongruence. Proceedings - International Conference on Software Engineering (pp. 358-359).
- Xiao, L.; Xiao, L.; Xiao, L.; Dzielski, J. (2020). A case study on modularity violations in cyber‐physical systems. Systems Engineering (3 ed., vol. 23, pp. 338-349). Hoboken.
- Mo, R.; Cai, Y.; Kazman, R.; Xiao, L.; Feng, Q. (2019). Architecture Anti-patterns: Automatically Detectable Violations of Design Principles. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. IEEE.
- Xiao, L.; Pennock, M.; Cardoso, J.; Wang, X. (2019). Identifying and Measuring Modularity Violations on Cyber-Physical Systems (SERC Technical Report, SERC-2019-TR-006 ed.).