Assistant Professor of Visual Arts and Technology
Contemporary Art 3D Animation and Modeling Video Game Development, Production, and Analysis Net Art Curatorial Practices
- Junior Faculty Board of Representatives Member
- College of Arts and Letters Master Plan Member
- College of Art and Letters Student Awards Committee Chair
- College of Arts and Letters Curriculum Committee Member
- Undergraduate Studies Committee Member
- Movement and Computing Community Reviewer
- Living Room Light Exchange NY Co-Host
- IEEE — Games, Entertainment, Media Conference Co-Chair
- Games For Change Nominating Juror
- CAA – College Art Association Member
- Accepted Conference Proceeding – O'Brien, N. (2018). On Essay Games: The Diary, The Documentary, and the Satire in Independent Video Games. Association for Computers and the Humanities.
- Accepted Exhibition Introduction – O'Brien, N. (2019). Please, Come Take my Hand. Brooklyn, NY: Valarie Amend.
- Published Magazine/Trade Publication – O'Brien, N. (2020). A Dance of Death in the Realm of Land Art. New York, NY: ArtNEWS.
- Published Magazine/Trade Publication – O'Brien, N. (2020). Media Artists Confront an Old Problem: Museums Lacking Technical Savvy. New York, NY: ArtNEWS.
- Published Magazine/Trade Publication – O'Brien, N. (2020). HANDMADE VISUALS IN VIDEO GAMES CAN SIGNAL A DIFFERENT KIND OF PLAY. New York, NY: ArtNEWS.