Computer-Aided Tissue Engineering
Biomimetic Tissue-Based Design
Microscale In vitro Physiological/Pathological Systems
Optical Medical Imaging
8/12-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
7/11-8/12, Biomechanical Engineer, Division of Radiation and Biomolecular Physics, Physical Measurement Lab, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD
7/09-7/11, NRC Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Optical Technology, Physical Measurement Lab, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD
12/04-7/09, Graduate Research Assistant, Computer-Aided Tissue Engineering Lab, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Academic Operations and Affairs (AOA) Committee Member
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Committee Member
- PhD Coordinator Chair
- Promotions Subcommittee of AOA Member
- SES Doctoral Committee Member
- ME PhD Student Research Seminar Chair
- 150th Anniversary Academic Symposium Committee Member
- Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering Associate Editor
- Micromachines Journal Editorial Board Editorial Board Member
- ARMI Biofab USA Leadership Advisor Council
- ASME MSEC Symposium Organizer Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference Symposium Organizer
- National Science Foundation Panel Reviewer
- Biofabrication Journal Special Issue Editor Special Issue Editor
- Biomanufacturing Technical Committee Chair
NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) award, 2016
Sigma Xi NIST Best Poster Award in Mathematics and Engineering, 2011
National Research Council (NRC) Postdoctoral Associateship Award, 2009
Drexel’s Best Dissertation Award in Mathematics and Engineering, 2009
Drexel’s Graduate Research Award, 2009
NASA Tech Brief Award, 2009
NSF CMMI Research and Innovation Conference Student Award, 2009
BP Young Scientists and Students Award (YSSA), 2008
NASA Technology Transfer Award, 2008
GAANN Fellowship, 2006-2007
- SPIE Member
- ASEE Member
- ASME Member
- SME Member
Patent Pending: “Bioprinting Three-Dimensional Polymeric Hydrogel Structures Onto Microscale Tissue Analog Devices for Pharmacokinetic Study,” D2027/20052 (co-inventors B Starly, J Nam, W Sun).
Patent Pending: “Micro-Organ Device,” NASA Case No. MSC-23988-1 (co-inventors S Gonda, H Holtorf, B Starly, J Nam, W Sun).
Provisional Patent Filed: “Bioprinting Cell-laden Constructs for Multicompartment Tissue Chambers,” 46528-6016-P1-US (co-inventors J Snyder , W Sun).
Provisional Patent Filed: “Multilayered Optical Tissue Phantom Using Buried Scattering Microspheres in Polymer Layers,” 61/582,858 (co-inventors C Stafford, J Hwang)
- Shi, C.; Chang, R.; Leonardi, D. (2018). The Effects of Mechanical Vibration on Cellular Health in Differentiated Neuroblastoma Cells. ASME Proceedings 2018 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (vol. DETC2018-86280). Hoboken.
- Ding, H.; Chang, R. (2018). Bioprinting of Liquid Hydrogel Precursors in a Support Bath by Analyzing Two Key Features: Cell Distribution and Shape Fidelity. Proceedings of ASME 2018 13th International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference (vol. MSEC2018-6675). Hoboken.
- Chang, R. (2021). A Charge‐Based Mechanistic Study into the Effect of Collector Temperature on Melt Electrohydrodynamic Printing Outcomes. Advanced Materials Technologies (pp. 2100251). Wiley.
- Chang, R. C. (2020). A Charge-Based Mechanistic Study into the Effects of Process Parameters on Fiber Accumulating Geometry for a Melt Electrohydrodynamic Process. Processes (11 ed., vol. 8, pp. 1440).
- Chang, R. (2019). 3D Bioprinted GelMA Based Models for the Study of Trophoblast Cell Invasion. Scientific Reports (1 ed., vol. 9, pp. 1-13).
- Ding, H.; Cao, K.; Zhang, F.; Boettcher, W.; Chang, R. C. (2019). A Fundamental Study of Charge Effects on Melt Electrowritten Polymer Fibers. Materials & Design (vol. 178). Hoboken.
- Tourlomousis, F.; Jia, C.; Mershin, A.; Karydis, T.; Wang, H.; Kalyon, D.; Chang, R. C. (2019). Machine learning metrology of cell confinement in melt electrowritten three-dimensional biomaterial substrates. Nature Microsystems & Nanoengineering (1 ed., vol. 5). Hoboken.
1 Castle Point on Hudson.
- Palumbo, A.; Tourlomousis, F.; Chang, R.; Yang, E. (2018). Influence of Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Surfaces on Cellular Morphology and Adhesion. ACS Applied Bio Materials. ACS Applied Bio Materials (5 ed., vol. 1, pp. 1448--1457). American Chemical Society.
- Ding, H.; Chang, R. C. (2018). Hyperspectral Imaging With Burn Contour Extraction for Burn Wound Depth Assessment. ASME Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics (4 ed., vol. 1, pp. 041002). Hoboken.
- Ding, H. C.; Chang, R. C. (2018). Simulating image-guided in situ bioprinting of a skin graft onto a phantom burn wound bed. Additive Manufacturing (vol. 22, pp. 708-719). Hoboken.
- Tourlomousis, F.; Ding, H.; Kalyon, D. M.; Chang, R. (2017). Melt electrospinning writing process guided by a "Printability Number". Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Transactions of the ASME (8 ed., vol. 139).
- Chang, R.. Biomedical Manufacturing: A Review of the Emerging Research and Applications. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering (11 ed., vol. 142).