Topological optimization of plates; design optimization to reduce vibrations.
Large scale instrumentation of bridges; design of integral abutment bridges; studies on earth pressures; soil-structure interaction.
Identification of structural damage using dynamic measurements; structural dynamics.
Xiong Kai, MS (2006). Built up of Passive Pressure Behind Integral Abutment. (UTRC)
Youssef Dehne, MS (2005). Earthquake considerations of continuous bridges. NJDOT
Yasser Khodair, Ph.D. (2004). Testing, Analysis and Design Considerations of the Scotch Road Integral Bridge. NJDOT
Sarath Jayatilleka, MS (1999). Semi-active control of structures using variable stiffness. NSF
Wu Zhongxin, MS (1999). Pull-out strength of concrete-to-concrete connections of bridge footings. Florida DOT
Associate Professor (1999-present). Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, N.J.
Assistant Professor (1993-1999). University of South Florida, Tampa, FL.
NASA Faculty-Fellowship, (Summer, 1998).
Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia.
Air Force Faculty-Fellowship, (Summer, 1997). Kelly Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
Research Assistant (1987-1993). Purdue University.
Research Engineer (1983-1987). AppliedResearch Associates, Albuquerque, N.M.
Research Assistant (1981-1983). Purdue University.
- Associate Director of Undergraduate Education Chair
- SES UGCC Member
- T-LEC Member
- GSAIB SES-Academic Integrity Board Member
- BOT Alumni Committee Member
• Academic Excellence Scholarship, American Assoc. of Evrytanes (1978, 1979,1980,1981)• Cum Laude (Clemson University, 1981)• Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (1981) • Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society (1980)• Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society (1979)• NASA Faculty-Fellowship, (Summer, 1998). Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia.• NASA/ASEE Final Paper Presentation (Summer, 1998) [6 invitations out of 43 research projects]• Air Force Faculty-Fellowship, (Summer, 1997). Kelly Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.• Research Assistantship with Full Tuition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (1981-1983)• Research Assistantship with Full Tuition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (1987-1993)• David Ross Fellowship (Purdue University, 1992-1993)• Research and Creative Scholarship Award, USF (1994)
- ASCE – American Society of Civil Engineers Member
Hassiotis, S. (2005) “Data Gathering on Integral Abutment” NJDOT (15,000 NJDOT)Hassiotis, S. (2005) “Deformation of Cohesionless Fill due to Cyclic Loading” UTRC (49,999)Hassiotis, S. (2005) “Truck Origin-Destination Survey”, Vollmer Associates/ the Port Authority of NYNJ (12,522)Hassiotis, S., Berkof, R., Chung, J. (2004). “6th Annual NJDOT Showcase”, NJDOT (30,000)Hassiotis, S. (2002) “Evaluation of HPS Girders.” NJDOT (291,565)Hassiotis, S. (2000) “Evaluation of Integral Abutments.” NJDOT (317,000)Sen, R., Hassiotis, S. and Mullins, G. (1997) "Development of an Alternative Long-Span Bridge." FHWA ($280,000)Hassiotis, S. (1996) Faculty International Travel Award, USF (1,500)Hassiotis, S. (1994) "Identification and control of Civil Engineering structures." NSF ($18,000)Hassiotis, S. (1993) " Assessment of crack-propagation in structures using measurements of natural frequencies." USF ($7,500)
- Hassiotis, S. (2020). Hassiotis, Donskoy, Rutner,Goldyani, Golchinfar (2019) "Detection of Damage in Steel Components for Life-Cycle Assessment". Trenton, NJ: NJDOT.