- STS Speaker Series Member
- Faculty Senate Member
- IACUC Member
- Senior Awards Committee Member
- Graduate Curriculum Committee Member
- International Council for the History of Oceanography (ICHO) Steering Committee
- HSS Education Committee
- HSS Technology Committee
- Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution expert
- New York Times Expert
- SEA Life expert
- Lady Science Assistant Editor
Honors and Awards
2017 Smithsonian Insitution Post Doctoral Fellow
- EED – The European Society For Evolutionary Development Member
- ASEH – American Society of Environmental History Member
- History of Science Society Member
- Muka, S. (2020). Drowning Conservation. no. Slate (Future Tense).
- Muka, S. (2019). Bursting the Aquarium Bubble. The Atlantic.
- Muka, S. (2019). We’re Gonna Need A Better Script: Uneven Representation of Women Scientists in Shark Films. Lady Science.
- Muka, S. (2018). The Myth of Meritocracy in Academic Publishing. Lady Science.
- Muka, S. (2018). Trashing the Tanks. American Scientist (6 ed., vol. 106, pp. 340-343). Chapel Hill, NC: Sigma Xi.