- PhD (2014) University of Houston (Biomedical Engineering)
- BE (2010) Harbin Institute of Technology (Optoelectronic Information Engineering)
Shang's research is in biophotonics. The Shang Wang lab develops functional and dynamic imaging methods based on optical coherence tomography to address biomedical questions that are difficult or impossible to approach with traditional methods.
- SES Doctoral Committee Member
- BME Ph.D. Admissions Committee Member
- BME TT/T Faculty Search Committee Member
Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2019-present
Instructor, Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, 2018-2019
Postdoctoral Associate, Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, 2014-2018
- SPIE – SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics Member
- Wang, S.; Larina, I. V. (2020). Live mechanistic assessment of localized cardiac pumping in mammalian tubular embryonic heart. Journal of Biomedical Optics (8 ed., vol. 25, pp. 086001). Bellingham, WA: SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
- Lopez, A. L.; Wang, S.; Larina, I. V. (2020). Optogenetic cardiac pacing in cultured mouse embryos under imaging guidance. Journal of Biophotonics (pp. e202000223). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Wang, S.; Larina, I. V.; Larin, K. V. (2020). Label-free optical imaging in developmental biology. Biomedical Optics Express (4 ed., vol. 11, pp. 2017-2040). Washington, D.C. : OSA, the Optical Society.