- PhD (2010) Worcester Polytechnic Institute (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Shucheng Yu's current research interests include information security, applied cryptography, wireless networking and sensing, distributed trust, and applied machine learning. He is also interested in practical security and privacy in IoT systems.
He is the recipient of the Test of Time Paper Award of IEEE Infocom 2020 for his research on cloud data security. He directs the AISecLab research cluster of the ECE department at Stevens.
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing Editor
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal Editor
- IEEE Blockchain Technical Briefs Editor
- Wireless and Optical Communications Conference Board member
1. "Strengthened Reputation, Increased Prestige" Award, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2021.
2. "Test of Time Paper Award" of IEEE INFOCOM 2020 (for his work on cloud data security).
3. "Outstanding Teaching Award", ECE Department, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2019
4. Visiting Faculty Research Fellowship of the US Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), 2018, 2020, 2021.
- ACM – The Association for Computing Machinery Member
- IEEE – The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Senior member
- ASEE – American Society for Engineering Education Member
- Zhao, D.; Zhou, J.; Yu, S. (2020). ELVMC: A predictive energy-aware algorithm for virtual machine consolidation in cloud computing. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2020 International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing (ICA3PP 2020) (vol. 12453). New York City: Springer, Cham.
- Zhang, Z.; Njilla, L.; Yu, S.; Yuan, J. (2019). Edge-Assisted Learning for Real-time UAV Imagery via Predictive Offloading. 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 2019). Waikoloa, HI: IEEE.
- Kandel, L. N.; Zhang, Z.; Yu, S. (2019). Exploiting CSI-MIMO for Accurate and Efficient Device Identification. 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 2019). Waikoloa, HI: IEEE.
- Kandel, L. N.; Yu, S. (2019). VWAN: Virtual WiFi ANtennas for Increased Indoor Localization Accuracy. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Internet (ICII 2019). Orlando, FL: IEEE.
- Tao, Y.; Yu, S. (2019). kFHCO: Optimal VM Consolidation via k-Factor Horizontal Checkpoint Oversubscription. International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2019) (pp. 380-384). Honolulu, HI: IEEE.
- Tian, Y.; Njilla, L.; Raja, A.; Yuan, J.; Yu, S.; Steinbacher, A. (2019). Cost-Effective NLOS Detection for Privacy Invasion Attacks by Consumer Drones. 2019 IEEE/AIAA 38th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC). San Diego, CA: IEEE.
- Guo, J.; Wang, M.; Chen, B.; Yu, S.; Zhang, H.; Zhang, Y. (2019). Enabling Blockchain Applications Over Named Data Networking. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC). Shanghai: IEEE.
- Xie, Q.; Hou, Y.; Cheng, K.; Dagher, G. G.; Wang, L.; Yu, S. (2019). Flexibly and Securely Shape Your Data Disclosed to Others. Proceedings of the 2019 ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS 2019) (pp. 160-167). Auckland: ACM.
- Zhou, J.; Liu, X.; Tao, Y.; Yu, S. (2019). QoS-Aware Power Management with Deep Learning. 2019 IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and Service Management (IM) (pp. 289-294). Arlington, VA: IEEE.
- Kandel, L. N.; Yu, S. (2019). Indoor Localization Using Commodity Wi-Fi APs: Techniques and Challenges. International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2019) (pp. 526 - 530). Honolulu, HI: IEEE.
- Tian, Y.; Yuan, J.; Yu, S.; Hou, Y.; Song, H. (2019). Edge-Assisted CNN Inference over Encrypted Data for Internet of Things. 15th EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm). Orlando, FL: ACM.
- Rasori, M.; Perazzo, P.; Dini, G.; Yu, S. (2021). Indirect Revocable KP-ABE with Revocation Undoing Resistance. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing.
- Tian, Y.; Njilla, L.; Yuan, J.; Yu, S. (2020). Low Latency Privacy-preserving Outsourcing of Deep Neural Network Inference. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. IEEE.
CPE/EE 695 - Applied Machine Learning
CPE/EE 691 - Information Systems Security