Cooperative and autonomous mobile robotics
Nonlinear control of multi-scale dynamic systems
Power system dynamics and control
Yi Guo joined Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Stevens Institute of Technology in 2005, and is currently Professor. Before that, she was Visiting Assistant Professor in ECE Department of University of Central Florida between 2002 and 2005. Dr. Guo received her Ph.D degree in Electrical and Information Engineering in 1999 from University of Sydney, Australia. After her Ph.D, she worked as a postdoctoral research fellow in Computer Science and Mathematics Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory between 2000 and 2002.
- Board of Trustees Member
- SES Honors & Awards Committee Member
- 150th Anniversary Academic Symposium Committee Member
- Institute Tenure and Promotion Committee Member
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine Editor in Chief
- 2023 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation Organizing Committee Member
- IROS Student and Developing Countries Travel Award Committee Committee Co-Chair
- 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems Finance Chair
- 2019 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems Finance Chair
- IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Senior member
National Science Foundation
Department of Defense
- Zhang, H.; Chen, Z.; Zanotto, D.; Guo, Y. (2020). Robot-Assisted and Wearable Sensor-Mediated Autonomous Gait Analysis. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). Piscataway, NJ: IEEE.
- Chen, Z.; Jiang, C.; Guo, Y. (2019). Distance-based Formation Control of a Three-Robot System. 2019 Chinese Control And Decision Conference (CCDC). IEEE.
- Fahad, M.; Guo, Y.; Bingham, B.; Krasnosky, K.; Fitzpatrick, L.; Sanabria, F. A. (2019). Ocean Plume Tracking with Unmanned Surface Vessels: Algorithms and Experiments. Proceedings of the World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA) (vol. 2018-July, pp. 1-6).
- Fahad, M.; Chen, Z.; Guo, Y. (2018). Learning How Pedestrians Navigate: A Deep Inverse Reinforcement Learning Approach. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (pp. 819-826).
- Chen, Z.; Jiang, C.; Guo, Y. (2018). Pedestrian-Robot Interaction Experiments in an Exit Corridor. 2018 15th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots, UR 2018 (pp. 29-34).
- Jiang, C.; Guo, Y. (2021). Multi-Robot Guided Policy Search for Learning Decentralized Swarm Control. IEEE Control Systems Letters (3 ed., vol. 5, pp. 743-748).
- Zhang, H.; Yin, Y.; Chen, Z.; Zhang, Y.; Rao, A. K.; Guo, Y.; Zanotto, D. (2020). Wearable Biofeedback System to Induce Desired Walking Speed in Overground Gait Training. Sensors (14 ed., vol. 20, pp. 4002). Basel: MDPI.
- Zhang, H.; Guo, Y.; Zanotto, D. (2020). Accurate Ambulatory Gait Analysis in Walking and Running Using Machine Learning Models. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (1 ed., vol. 28, pp. 191-202). Piscataway, NJ: IEEE.
- Guo, Y. (2020). Multi-robot formation control: a comparison between model-based and learning-based methods. Journal of Control and Decision.
- Wang, J. W.; Guo, Y.; Fahad, M.; Bingham, B. (2019). Dynamic Plume Tracking by Cooperative Robots. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics (2 ed., vol. 24, pp. 609-620).
- Jiang, C.; Ni, Z.; Guo, Y.; He, H. (2019). Learning Human-Robot Interaction for Robot-Assisted Pedestrian Flow Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems (4 ed., vol. 49, pp. 797-813).
- Shan, L.; Chang, L.; Xu, S.; Jiang, C.; Guo, Y. (2018). Robot-assisted pedestrian flow control of a controlled pedestrian corridor. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems (6 ed., vol. 15).
- Jiang, C.; Fahad, M.; Guo, Y.; Chen, Y. (2018). Robot-assisted smartphone localization for human indoor tracking. Robotics and Autonomous Systems (vol. 106, pp. 82-94).