- PhD (2013) Carnegie Mellon University (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- PhD (2013) Carnegie Mellon University (Engineering and Public Policy)
- MS (2002) University of California-Berkeley (Civil and Environmental Engineering - Transportation)
- Other (2001) University of California - Berkeley (Management of Technology Certificate - Haas School of Business)
- BS (2000) University of Nebraska - Lincoln (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Quantitative Policy Analysis
Surface Transportation Disruptions and Resiliency
Applications of AI in Surface Transportation Systems
Applications of Blockchains for Surface Transportation Systems
Postdoctoral Researcher - General Robotics, Automation, Sensing, and Perception (GRASP), University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2014-2015)
Postdoctoral Researcher, Green Design Institute, and University Transportation Center (UTC), Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (2013-2014)
Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Department of Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (2009-2013)
Senior Transportation Engineer, Iteris, Inc. (2004-2009)
Berryman and Henigar, Civil Engineer II, (2003-2004)
Kimley-Horn & Associates, Transportation Analyst (2002-2003)
Researcher, Insitute of Transportation Studies, PATH, University of California-Berkeley (2000-2002)
Researcher, Mid-America Transportation Center, University of Nebraska, Lincoln (1998-2000)
- Admitted Student Events Member
- Committee on Committees Member
- SSE - Paper reviews for awards Member
- Ph.D. handbook Committee Chair
- EM/ISE Member
- Appointed member of Highway Vehicle Automation Committee of TRB
- Paper Reviewing Committee - TRB ACP30 Co-Chair
- NYSERDA Expert
- TRB AHB30 Committee Reviewing paper committee
- NCHRP Panel Member
Assistant Professor, School of Systems and Enterprises (Sep. 2015 - Present), Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- ASCE Central NJ "Educator of the Year" Award - 2020-2021
- Advisor on the best SSE graduate student paper award - May 2020
- National Academy of Engineers Frontier - September 2019
- Recipient of the teaching excellence letter (Evaluation 3.9 out of 4) Fall 2019
- Advisor to the SSE best Master Project Award - May 2019
- Recipient of the teaching excellence letter (Evaluation 3.8 out of 4) Fall 2018
- Selected as a member of the NJ AV Taskforce by the office of the Governor
- Advisor to an I&E Fellowship recipient - September 2018
- Advisor on the best SSE graduate student paper award – May 2018
- ASCE Best Paper Award - October 2013
- National University Transportation Center Student of the Year Award - January 2013
- University Transportation Center (UTC) Graduate Fellow – 2012 to 2013
- Steinbrenner Institute Robert Dunlop Graduate Fellowship Award – 2010
- Carnegie Mellon University Dean’s Fellowship Award – 2009 to 2010
- Iteris Best Employee Award - May 2008
- ITE Best Member Paper & Presentation Award - August 2007
- Editorial Board Member – International Journal of Industrial and Operations Research Member
- TRB Highway Vehicle Automation Committee Fellow
- American Society of Civil Engineers Member
- WTS International Member
- Vasebi, S.; Hayeri, Y. M. (2021). A Unique Case of Bikesharing Success in A Small City: Data Visualization and Analysis of JerseyBike in Hoboken. ASCE International Conference on Transportation and Development Proceeding Book. ASCE.
- Hayeri, Y. M.; Gade, A.; Behrooz, H. (2021). The Takeover Conundrum: Level 3 Vehicle Automation Behavioral Study. Transportation Research Board.
- Hayeri, Y. M.; Vasebi, S. (2021). Transportation Health and Safety Policies - Beyond Automobile Crashes and Climate Change. Transportation Research Board.
- Vasebi, S.; Hayeri, Y. M. (2020). Investigating Taxi and Uber competition in New York City: Multi-agent modeling by reinforcement-learning. Cornell Archives - New York Transportation Summit. Cornel University.
- Hayeri, Y. M. (2018). Air Emissions Cost Savings of Low-Level, Light-Duty Automated Vehicles in US Metropolitan Areas.
- Hayeri, Y. M. (2021). Collective Driving to Mitigate Climate Change: Collective-Adaptive Cruise Control. Sustainability 13.16 (2021): 8943. (vol. 13.16 (2021): 8943.). Sustainability 13.16 (2021): 8943..
- Vasebi, S.; Hayeri, Y. M.; Jin, J. (2021). Surrounding Vehicles’ Contribution to Car-Following Models: Deep-Learning-Based Analysis.. Transportation Research Record. Transportation Research Record.
- Vasebi, S.; Hayeri, Y. M. (2020). Air emission impacts of low-level automated vehicle technologies in U.S. metropolitan areas. Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives (September 2020 ed., vol. Volume 7, pp. 100194). Elsevier/ScienceDirect.
- Vasebi, S.; Hayeri, Y. M.; Jin, J. (2020). Human Car-Following Behavior: Parametric, Machine-Learning, and Deep-Learning Perspectives. Advances in Human Aspects of Transportation (vol. 1212, pp. 40-48). Springer.
- Bucar, R.; Hayeri, Y. M. (2020). Quantitative assessment of the impacts of disruptive precipitation on surface transportation. Reliability Engineering & System Safety (November 2020, ed., vol. Volume 203, , pp. 107105). ScienceDirect/Elsevier.
SYS 660 - Decision Making and Risk Analysis for Complex Systems
EM 612 - Project Management for Complex Systems
ISE 350 - Supply Chain Management and Logistics
EM 655 - Sustainable Transportation Systems: Technology, Management, and Policy